Happy New Year!

 1/1/2022

 Honestly the idea of writing a daily blog about my writing is a last minute New Years resolution. Basically this is going to be sort of a journal entry of my research and writings 

Let me explain by introducing myself.


My name is Sarah and I’m a dramaturg and a playwright. At least I’d like to be. I graduated from the University of Montana in 2017 with a degree in Theatre and a double minor in English Literature and Anthropology. I then graduated from Midland University in 2019 with a Master’s degree in AOL by serving as a G.A. In technical theatre. 

Right now I’ll say that I work at a college somewhere in Indiana as the technical director of the theatre department. I try to make a tiktok about each set that I build in order to get people to be aware and potentially interested in the “behind the scenes” realm of theatre. 

But this blog isn’t about that part of my work. It is about the part of my work that I’m not being paid for (yet). You see, I’ve had an interest in writing since I was a young child. On top of that, since my teens I have developed an obsession for Shakespeare that some people would call “unhealthy”. Putting both of these ambitions together is what this blog is about. 

My goal is to create a dramaturgical protocol on all of the Shakespeare plays, provide full and in depth research on Shakespeare’s language, his life, and his influence, and then complete my research with a play written about his life. 

I’m not going to pretend I’m an expert because I honestly have no idea what I’m doing. For now, I’m writing shit down and then talking about it. Will it get me somewhere? We’ll see.

Comments